Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Breadwinner

Oh what, yes, I might get a job. So while I was at Old Navy yesterday, being the OCD that I am, I was getting a different size of a shirt and I noticed some of them were messed up. So I started refolding them and as I was refolding them at least two people came up to me thinking that I worked there. And then as we were checking out my Mom told that story to the cashiers and they said "Oh, you know that we're hiring right now, right?" So I got this card for their job registration website.

And then, while I was putting the cart away there was another cart in front of the store so I grabbed that one as well. And then on my way back in to put the carts back in both the cashiers came up and said something along the lines of they wanted my first and last name and my phone number so when they saw my name on the registration list they would bump me to the top of the list. SCORE. I guess my OCD decided to be good rather than evil that day.

So, I might get a job at Old Navy. So that's minimum wage unless I get promoted or something. It seems like a job that I would enjoy, because I like cleaning and folding and it would be fun to work the register. It'll be nice to have money of my own, I don't have to worry as much about asking my parents for money. Because we're going through a hard time right now and I always feel guilty about asking for money for stuff. And now I can pay for other stuff I want to do. Like flying home and going to cons with my friends. Hooray!

-P.

No comments: